According to Vedic astrology, dosh means a negative effect or an effect that can cause problems in your life. Mangal is Mars. Placement of Mars in an inauspicious manner in your chart results in Mangal dosh, in our astrology, it is also known as Kuja dosha, Sumangalik dosh, Angaraka dosha, and Bhom dosha. Persons suffering from it are known as Mangliks.
When Mars is placed in your 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, or 12th houses from the Lagna or Venus or Moon then you suffer from this dosh. Our Astrologer Dr. Parmanand S will share the negative effects of this dosh in marriage and astrological remedies. We will also know about the story and characteristics of Kuja.
The story of Kuja (Mars)
As per the Brahma Vaivarta Purana Kuja is the son of the earth, the name has been derived from 2 words, Ku meaning earth, and Ja meaning birth. Kuja was born out of a coral left behind in the ocean as a token of affection by Vishnu and mother Earth (Bhoodevi), thus he is also known as Bhauma and is red. Lord Subramanya or Muruga is the supervisor of Mars.
Characteristics of Mars
Mars symbolizes energy, immense courage, willpower, and self-confidence, but if it is negative in your chart then, it causes irritation, aggression, anger, volatile temper, argument, conflict, competition, injury, violation, dominance, and disaster in your life.
It is important to channelize the planet’s energy positively in you otherwise it will lead to conflicting effects. Before moving on to the remedies, you need to consult with our Astrologer to find out if you have Mangal dosh.
Our expert will check your horoscope to reveal where Mars is placed in it, he will then study the effect of Mars on your 7th house which is the house of marriage. You can relax if he tells you that Mars is in its own house or 1st house and is positioned auspiciously, as an inauspicious position causes Sumangalik dosh.
Negative effects of Mangal dosh in your marriage
Mangal dosh is considered during the time of your marriage, compatibility of charts will be studied, you can also get a marriage Astrology Compatibility Report beforehand. Studying Mars’s position in you and your to-be wife’s charts is crucial to find out if your marriage will be a success. When Mars affects the 7th house in either your or your spouse’s chart maliciously then you will have these problems.
- Constant fighting and disharmony in family life.
- It can lead to your marriage becoming abusive if proper remedies are not taken in time.
- During your marriage, the native of this dosh will be victimized, he or she must tolerate the hardships given by the partner and it will ultimately lead to separation.
Astrological remedies for Mangal dosh.
- If you are suffering from Kuja dosha, then you are advised to marry only after 28 when its intensity decreases.
- If both you and your partner are Mangliks then you should marry as it is believed that doing so will negate and balance Mars’s negative energies.
- According to astrology, it is believed that if you had ill-treated your spouse in your previous life then you will suffer from Mangal dosh. Chanting Hanuman Chalisa is a good remedy.
- You should fast on Tuesdays and offer prayers to Mars to reduce the intensity of Bhom dosha.
- You can also wear a golden ring with a red coral stone on the ring finger of your right hand.
Mangal dosh causes serious troubles in your life and further problems in your marriage. You suffer from it when Mars is maliciously placed in your 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, and 12th chart houses, you can remove it or reduce its intensity by following these remedies.